Winter Safety Traveling Tips
Winter Traveling Tips:
No matter what job if its from cleaning your carpets or need your water damage mitigated, we will travel to you whether you live in Casper or in another town. With traveling from town to town or even staying local there is always risks especially in the winter. So we here at SERVPRO of Casper train, talk, and check in with our employees, to make sure they have everything they need to be safe on their travels. And so when they are traveling in their own vehicles they know what to do in case of an emergency.
Winter Driving Tips:
- Don't drive while you are fatigued
- Never run your vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage
- Be sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure
- Do not use your cruise control
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your car
- Be sure to make sure someone knows where you're going before you leave.
- Be sure your vehicle has a full tank of gas
- Make sure you allow yourself exta time to reach your destination
Stock Your Vehicle:
- Snow shovel, broom, and ice scraper
- Abrasive material such as sand or kitty litter
- Jumper cables, flashlight, and warning devices such as flares, and markers
- Blankets, extra set of clothes and coats
- Cell phone with charger, water, food, and any necessary medicine.
In Case Of An Emergency:
- Stay with you car
- Put bright markers on your antenna or window, keep the interior dome light turned on
- Run your car for short periods of time; just enough to stay warm
You can never be too careful when it comes to traveling in the winter. By following these tips, if an emergency should happen, you will know how to handle it safely.
We here at SERVPRO of Casper want to wish everyone safe travels for the holidays.